At first glance, Overtask uses Chrome’s new tab page into a project or task management tool, depending on how granular you want to go. But in reality its approach makes it an excellent productivity enhancement:
- each task is managed via a tab, which stores all sites and pages associated with that task
- opening a task opens all the related sites for the task in separate tabs, and closes all other tabs, keeping you focused on the task
- moving out of the task closes all the task’s tabs, and resurrects the tabs you had open before
- each task’s sites are organised into three groups: Do, Research and Communicate
- each task’s sites are tagged, with the tags prompting OverTask to suggest useful sites
Pure genuis. I only wish the video was a little more polished.